My name is Gabrielle Battiste & I am working to be your City Councillor for the new O-day'min ward in Edmonton.
I'm asking for your vote and your support as I meet with each of you to listen to your concerns, wants and needs.
I will work hard to meet with as many individuals and local business owners in my ward as I can, and, if elected I will work harder to keep your trust, respect and faith as I represent your issues.
Our Ward is at the Heart of the City of Edmonton. We work hard, we play hard and we support one another.
- I own my home in our community
- I am a lawyer with my own law firm and consulting company in our community
- I am a mother to a millennial student attending school in our community
- Married to the love of my life
- Have wonderful neighbours
- Dog & Cat Owner, Mountain Biker, Skiier, Slogger (slow jogger), Kayaker
Experienced & Qualified:
- 25-year lawyer who has worked across all three prairie provinces (MB, SK, AB)
- Current consultant to city & rural councillors on governance, oversight, transparency, accountability, fiscal responsibility, citizen engagement, policy & bylaws
- Board Member of Coalition for Canadian Police Reform to create a Professional Police College
- Former Edmonton Police Commission Executive Director who fought for change
- Former AB Environmental Monitoring (AEMERA) & Alberta Environment & Parks General Counsel & Chief Risk Officer
- Former AB Oil & Gas & Federal Credit Union banking executive
- Current Board Chair of Autism Edmonton
- Current CIVIDA (former Capital Region Housing) Board Member
- Former Community League Vice-President & Member of Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues
- Devoted Volunteer
- Lived Experience
Every person is unique in their struggles and their accomplishments. As I meet each of you, I look forward to listening to you and learning from you - because YOU are what makes O-day'min the Heart of Edmonton and my purpose is to serve you.
We respectfully acknowledge that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, a traditional gathering place for diverse Indigenous peoples including the Cree, Blackfoot, Métis, Nakota Sioux, Iroquois, Dene, Ojibway, Saulteaux, Anishinaabe, Inuit, and many others whose histories, languages, and cultures continue to influence our vibrant communities.